LinkedIn is a powerful professional networking platform that allows people to connect with each other and build valuable business relationships. However, there are times when people may decide to block each other on LinkedIn.
This can happen for various reasons, such as a misunderstanding or a difference of opinion. Whatever the reason, if you have been blocked on LinkedIn, it can be frustrating and can limit your ability to network effectively.
In this article, we will explore the steps you can take to unblock someone on LinkedIn and restore your relationship.
Blocking is a feature that allows users to prevent another LinkedIn user from viewing their profile, sending them messages, or inviting them to connect. When you block someone on LinkedIn, you will also no longer be able to see their profile or receive any messages from them.
Read Also: The Power of Influencer Marketing
If you suspect that someone has blocked you on LinkedIn, there is a simple way to check:
1. Go to the LinkedIn search bar and enter the name of the person you suspect has blocked you.
2. If you cannot find their profile, it is possible that they have blocked you. However, it is also possible that they have deleted their account or changed their privacy settings.
Read Also: How to delete message on LinkedIn?
If you have decided that you want to unblock someone on LinkedIn, here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Log in to your LinkedIn account and click on the “Me” icon in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Click on “Settings & Privacy” from the dropdown menu.
3. Select “Privacy” from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
4. Scroll down to the “How others see your LinkedIn activity” section and click on “Change” next to “Who can see your connections”.
5. Click on the pencil icon next to the name of the person you want to unblock.
6. Click on “Unblock” in the dropdown menu.
Read Also: Will Digital Marketing Ever Rule the World?
It’s important to note that unblocking someone on LinkedIn does not automatically re-establish your connection. You will need to send them a new connection request if you want to reconnect.
Once you have unblocked someone on LinkedIn, it’s important to take the following steps to help restore your relationship:
1. Reach out to the person and explain why you blocked them in the first place (if applicable).
2. Apologize if necessary and express your willingness to move forward and rebuild your professional relationship.
3. If the person accepts your connection request, make sure to engage with their content and keep the lines of communication open.
Unblocking someone on LinkedIn can be an effective way to restore a professional relationship that has gone sour.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you should be able to unblock someone on LinkedIn and take the necessary steps to rebuild your connection.
Remember, LinkedIn is a powerful tool for networking, and maintaining healthy connections is key to making the most of this platform.
Using DIDM’s digital marketing course, you can learn how to make the most of LinkedIn and do LinkedIn marketing effectively. For more information about our course, call +91 8800505151 today.